Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week in Review

82 Miles
15 mile long run
5 miler race in 28:42
4 Doubles

And my streak of running (and winning) three races in a row finally came to an end this week.  After Cherry Blossom Ten Miler on April 1 and a down week in the Dominican Republic, I closed out the month of April with three races on consecutive weekends (Race Fest, Moe's Burrito Dash and Heart and Sole Five Miler).  I competed strong against one of Asheville's finest--Amber Moran--at the Heart and Sole Five Miler and was able to break her at the 1.25 mile mark.  Amber is a tough competitor and I always enjoy the opportunity to race her.  Again, this week resulted in some missed doubles due to work running later than expected and other commitments with CRC.  Fortunately, I closed out the week with a nice long run at a faster clip with several people at McAlpine.  Looking forward to May!

0 comments:

Post a Comment