Tuesday, April 10, 2012

12x400m repeats

Goal:
16x400m with 1:00 jog

Actual:
2.5 miles warmup
12x400m with 200m jog
2.5 miles down for 9 miles total
Splits (Rest Time)
78 (67)
79 (65)
79 (69)
77 (69)
77 (60)
77 (75)
78 (66)
76 (70)
74 (68)
75 (75)
72 (80)
73

This morning I met Paul, David, and Eric at my house at 6am to make our way to the JCSU track for some repeats.  Paul had 1000s on his schedule, while we had 400s.  It was a pleasant surprise to find Chad and Danielle at the track, ready to toe the line with our crew.  To get us rolling, Chad and I took the lead, and eventually we got into a rhythm of switching out the leaders.  The first set was rather uneventful as I just ran mindlessly in circles around the track, letting my legs dictate the pace.  By the 7th interval, I was getting bored.  I wanted to go faster, but I knew I wouldn't be able to if I was doing 16.  I picked up the pace, and announced that I was only doing 12, but that I would be running faster.  My little announcement made all of the boys run much faster than they had been before.  In fact, while I had been running in a pack for the first 8, for the last 4 intervals, I was running in their dust.  I watched as they seemingly effortlessly floated past me, and continued to make ground on me.  I just kept my head up and tried to find the resolve within me to keep pushing the pace faster and faster. During this time, I felt like I was gasping for air, but I made it through all 12, feeling rather accomplished after ten days of no workouts.

1 comments:

Allie Kieffer said...

I did the same workout the same day at the same paces! too bad we're not in the same place ;)

Post a Comment