- Current city: Durham, NC
- Employment: Digital Innovation Lead at Bank of America
- Education: Duke's Fuqua School of Business, Cross Continent MBA (Dec 2015) | Wake Forest University, BS in Business (May 2008)
- Hometown: Carbondale, IL
- Years Running: 18 years and still counting....
- Current Coach: Terrance Shea
- Past Coaches: Mark Hadley (2010 - 2012), Annie Bennett (2004 - 2008), and Gary Holda (2000-2004)
Sure, the transition was especially difficult for me, but it's the community I formed in Charlotte who helped me find happiness in my new chapter of life. I created a strong foundation in Charlotte, NC by creating the Charlotte Running Club with two of my best friends. I spent 7 years building a community of runners that still meet at the Dowd YMCA back porch, even though I'm no longer living in that city.
Now in Durham, NC, I'm a student at Duke's Fuqua School of Business while also a Digital Innovation Lead at Bank of America. I continue to train for the 2016 Olympic Trials Marathon and to build pockets of community in Durham and within my program.
On this blog, I will continue to document my crazy, hectic schedule. Completing my MBA at the #1 program in the country has taught me that if you really are passionate about something, you can always make time for it. That's how I am able to still run at a competitive level with a full-time job and full-time course load....and I'm confident that you can too.