Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week in Review

82.6 Miles
8 Runs
18 mile long run
2 workouts
45 minutes of lifting
90 Minutes of Massage from Balance Bodywork

With a deep sigh of relief, I can officiall say that this week was definitely a success.  I hit over 80 miles for the first time since September of 2010, and I continue to feel strong going into next week.  While I started the week off with an unimpressive mile repeat workout on Wednesday, I ended the week on a positive note with a 60 minute tempo at 6:16 ave pace and an 18 mile long run on Sunday.  I am beginning to feel strong and healthy leading into these next two weeks for my first race since the Houston Half Marathon on April 2.  I am excited to put on my racing flats again and race against some great competition in Richmond! 

Later in the week, I enjoyed cheering for racers in the Corporate Cup Half Marathon and Relay on Saturday morning with Marley, my former teammate from Wake Forest. We got to watch so many people achieve so many PRs!  Alana Hadley ran a very impressive 1:21:15 for her debut half marathon and several other athletes that Mark Hadley coaches saw huge PRs.  Aaron's latest athlete, Dalena, also ran an awesome half!

Another update from this weekend is that I am now a member of Honey Stinger's Hive Program.  I am honored to receive discounts on Honey Stinger's products, which are full of natural ingredients.  I used their products in the Twin Cities Marathon, and I think that the natural boost of energy from honey is all that is needed in an energy gel product.   

The highlight of the week was when I participated in the World's Largest Bar Crawl for St. Patrick's Day in Charlotte.  As you can see in the picture below, we had a decent sized group as we completed a full tour of practically all of uptown Charlotte's bars.  Bjorn, Thomas, Vanessa, Matt, John, Ottie, Robert and I all had a good time, especially watching all of the overly intoxicated pub crawlers make complete fools of themselves. 

So, there you have it!  Another solid week is in the books as I continue to build up my strength and endurance for the 25k Champs in May in 9 weeks.
The entire bar crawl group...minus me

0 comments:

Post a Comment