Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lightning Workout

Goal:
1-2-3-3-2-1 min with 1-2 min rest at a fast pace

Actual:
1-2-3-3-2-1 at a fast pace for 9 mile total

I did this workout at 7am with Jay. I was hoping we would get our run in during a time frame when the rain had stopped.  Fortunately this was the case for the first 25 minutes of the run, but then the skies opened up and rain poured down on Jay and I as we turned around in Freedom Park.  The rain was so heavy that the Sugar Creek Greenway began to start flooding after only 10 minutes of rain!  It got worse once the lightning started to strike. Jay and I were on the verge of screaming out in terror when one bolt seemed to strike a little too close for comfort.

I enjoyed the conversation with Jay, even if it was somewhat disjointed as I would sprint off for my interval, and he would stay at his easy pace. Jay hasn't been cleared yet to perform workouts since he is getting over a recent back injury.


I didn't catch the paces for each of these intervals because (1) it is a pre-race workout so it doesn't matter and (2) it was pouring, so it wasn't worth the worry.  My legs felt pretty good and I definitely have the confidence going into this 10k.  This will be my first race since the Houston Half Marathon, so I'm hoping the last two month's of decent mileage will help me achieve my goals. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment