Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week in Review

80 Miles
2 Doubles
2 Workouts
16 Mile Steady State Long Run

This was my first solid week back to training with a full workout schedule.  I had the honor of running with Eric for both of my workouts (5 mile wave and mile repeats), so it was great to have him around to push me to go faster.  My left hip still feels tight, but it's definitely manageable.

After my Friday workout, I prepared for my weekend trip to Winston-Salem and Greenville, NC.  Garrett and I met in Winston on Saturday for a full day of wedding preparations!  We first met with a caterer for a tasting, then met with the wedding coordinator for Old Salem, and then had our engagement portraits done by Andy from Indigo Photography.  It was definitely a busy day, but so much fun!  We topped everything off with a great dinner celebration at the Village Tavern in Reynolda Village with Garrett's family and Elyse's friend.  It was definitely a great way to celebrate one week of engagement!  Then Garrett and I drove back to his parents house to spend some quality time together in Greenville.

I was fortunate enough to have company for my steady state long run on Sunday in dreary Greenville.  The weather was cold and rainy, but Heather Magill made the drive all the way from Wilmington to join me in some long run fun on a new greenway!  It was fun to catch up with Heather and hear about how her training has been progressing.  My favorite thing about running is how many amazing people you meet along the way, and Heather is one of those amazing people!

All in all, this week was a success because I ran my target mileage and booked a wedding venue, chose a caterer, booked reception music, and narrowed down the wedding dress style I like.  Exciting times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment