Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week in Review

75 Miles
7 Runs
2 Days in Asheville
15 mile long run
1 run at Biltmore Estate

This was another high quality week with two solid workouts - 1000m repeats and a 9 mile tempo.  My legs are tired but it helped to break up the monotony of uptown by running in Asheville.  My parents and I ran in the Biltmore estate as well as in the Asheville Arboretum.  While we didn't do any hiking, we ran over lots of really beautiful trails in Asheville.  I'd say they got a good tour of the city from me.  Aside from running, we ate lots of good vegan food at the Laughing Seed Cafe as well as the Green Sage.  We tried Salsa's but we weren't very impressed with it for vegetarian options.  It was great to spend time with my parents in Asheville and I might have sold them on getting a cabin in the fall. :)

The best part about this week is that I didn't log any doubles.  I like avoiding doubles for some odd reason...I think it has to do with showering twice in one day. If I just add one double in, I'll be in the 80s, so hopefully I'll post that kind of mileage next week.

Dad and I at Biltmore

At some music festival

Biltmore in the morning

Mom and I running at Biltmore Estate

0 comments:

Post a Comment