Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week in Review


67 Miles
7 Runs
16 Miles w/ 4 miles tempo
2 Lift Sessions

My spirits after setting a PR last weekend were immediately dashed after dealing with tight calves that resulted in a bagged workout on Wednesday and several shortened runs.  I maintained my composure and set my sights instead on a Saturday long run with a large group of people on the South Park Race Fest Half Marathon course.  I crossed my fingers that my calves would be recovered by then, and, sure enough, they were.  At 715AM, I set off on the hilly course with Caleb, Charlie, Aaron, Paul, David, Mike, Adam, Pete, Billy Adrienne, and several others.  After clicking off several miles around 6:45 pace, we stopped at the 6.5 mile mark on the course for some water before beginning an uptempo portion.  Unfortunately, we started the tempo at the bottom of a hill that climbs for over a mile.  My splits on the hilly parts were 6:08, 6:06, 6:08, 6:15.  I did only 3.5 miles of tempo, hence why the last mile split is slower.  Then I cooled down for 3 miles at 6:20 pace by myself as Charlie kept going further to catch Paul and David.  Overall, I was very pleased with this effort as we averaged about 6:46 for the entire run.  It was a great way to close off a week that had a very rocky start.  

The highlight of the week was getting a massage from Adrienne Anetrini at Carolina Sports Massage.  After 90 minutes of pain and sweat as she dug into my very, very tight legs, I finally felt normal again.  Easter Sunday was celebrated with a night at the Wicked musical, which lived up to my expectations!  It was a phenomenal show and I left feeling very cultured.  Looking forward to the NC USATF 8k Championships in Greensboro next weekend, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment