Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week in Review

68 miles
7 Runs
2 Lift Sessions
15 Mile Long Run
1 Workout

Just one more week until I toe the line for my first serious race of 2013! I am looking forward to putting my fitness to the test in Kinston in just 6 days.  I feel fit, now I just need to validate it!  While I hit my mileage this week, my legs were fairly tired from probably not taking enough really easy days.  My long runs have all been serious quality, but I'm paying for it on all my other rest days.  The time change seemed to make me and everyone around me feel like a zombie, so I'm glad that were 7 days into finally adjusting to the darkness in the morning...again.

In other news, the big goal for the summer is the USA Half Championship.  Meagan and I decided on this race again because they do just such a darn good job of putting on a great race...And they offer people like me who haven't broken 1:17 pretty sweet packages like three nights of a paid hotel room.  You really can't beat something like that, and, let's be honest, it would be really hard to pass up an opportunity to snuggle with Meagan in a room overlooking Lake Superior.

1 comments:

Running Librarian said...

It sounds like you are going to do great next week!

Post a Comment