Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week in Review

54 miles
8k race in 27:45
7 Runs
2 Days with the in-laws!

From a work perspective, this was a very tiring week for me as I had three 8AM meetings that were in person.  For any normal person, this probably isn't a big deal, but trying to fit in runs and workouts before an early meeting is very difficult for me to handle, especially by the time that 3PM rolls around, when I really just want to take a long nap instead of continue to work.  Fortunately, the lack of sleep and increased work load didn't affect my race outcome on Saturday, as I walked away with my first PR as Caitlin Bullock.  Saturday continued to be a great day as I attended a fundraising event with the Bullocks, which really meant that I got to stuff my face with top notch food and cupcakes at the Hilton. While I would hope that my run today would have gone better, it didn't.  My left calf and arch were exceptionally tight and I'm pretty sure it's a sign that I need to use some of the prize money this weekend on a nice massage.  The tightness could be since I wore the Nike Flyknit racers for the first time in a race and my feet are unhappy with the change from the Nike Marathoners.  Who knows!
Enjoying the Fundraising Event!

Love my new Nike Flyknits!

My First Race as Caitlin Bullock

0 comments:

Post a Comment