Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sickly 1200m repeats

Goal:
10x800m or 8x1000m with 2:00 rest

Actual:
2.7 mile warmup
5x1200m on speed loop with Michelle and Dalena in 4:28, 4:21, 4:16, 4:13, 4:08
3.5-ish cool down

So, I'm sick with some sort of upper respiratory virus.  I was supposed to work out with Caleb and Spada yesterday, but after a fitful night of sleep interrupted with congested coughs, I opted out and ran in the evening with Jason Martin.  This morning I managed to crawl out of bed at 5:00am to meet Michelle, my new neighbor, at 5:20 on the corner of our streets.  We picked up Dalena at the Dowd, and I trusted that once we made it to the speed loop that my legs would feel better.  I was wrong.  My breathing was all out of whack and my legs still feel tired.  I just stuck to Dalena's side and figured I could at least just help her out with her intervals.  After each one, I felt slightly light headed and knew it was a good call to modify my plans for today.  Later in the day, after my boss heard my hacking cough, he instructed me to go home so that (1) I don't get him sick and (2) so that I could get better faster.  I slept from 3PM-6:30PM today.  Clearly, I needed that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment