Monday, September 26, 2011

Week in Review

84 Miles
16 Mile Steady State Long Run
2 Doubles
2 Days of Abs
2 Workouts

With only 2 doubles and a shorter long run, I'm surprised I was able to hit 84 miles.  It was a huge help to have Garrett bike alongside me for two of my runs this week as that provided the extra motivation I needed.  I had fun with my easy runs this week and struggled through my workouts.  I want to run 550-ish pace for my 10 mile race in less than 2 weeks and I am struggling to run that in a work out.  However, I tend to race a lot better than I work out, so hopefully that will help propel me forward at the Army Ten Miler.  I also had the stress of going back and forth via email between car dealers to seal the best deal for a new Honda Accord Ex-L.  Using my negotiating skills, I was able to lower my selling price to below that of the invoice price, saving me at least $5,000-$6,000 and getting some extra add-ins.  I've definitely learned how to play the car buying game but it was definitely exhausting!  Really happy I met my mileage target and look forward to another week above 80 this coming week.  I've got the dreaded 3 mile repeat workout, but to calm myself down, I'm thinking of it as a 9 mile tempo at 6:00-6:05 pace!  That doesn't sound too bad at all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment