Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Workout Fail

Goal
4x 2 Mile @ 5:48 with 2:00 rest or less

Actual:
3 mile warmup
2x2 Miles @ 5:49, 5:46 (1:46 rest) and 5:44, 5:55
6.5 miles cool down in 46:00 for 13.5 miles

PM:  5.5 miles with Laurie easy for 19 miles total on the day

After I bailed on this workout on Tuesday because I was still recovering from only 4 hours of sleep on a plane, I went for take two on Wednesday.  I failed miserably.  I just didn't have the mental capacity to handle this workout today and decided to do a longer cool down instead and to focus on the rest of the week.  Typically I have about 2-3 bad workouts a month, and this training cycle I can think of only one other bad workout, so my record is actually going quite strong.  I'm not too worried about the fact that I had difficulty finding the motivation to finish this workout and am happy to run hard in the 400m workout and long run tempo that I've got outlined for the rest of the week.  Sometimes life catches up with me and affects my workout and I just have to move on to the next one! That's what today was all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment