Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week in Review

70 Miles
12M MLR
200m on off wave workout
5k Burrito race in 18:20 with 2:05 burrito split
16 mile easy long run

I only have three more months in Charlotte, so I am making the most of it by hanging out with my friends as much as possible.  After a fun road trip to Columbia with Adrienne and Nick, I enjoyed an easy pace 16 miles with ten people before having breakfast at John Fillette’s house for our weekly runners' brunch. Always the highlight of my week, we get to sit around in our stinky, sweaty running clothes and stuff our faces with lots of yummy breakfast foods.  It’s the best ever!

Garrett and I are getting very close to making our final decision on housing in Durham, and after that is checked off the list, I think that my stress level will decrease dramatically. I can’t help but get anxious about not knowing where I’ll be living in this new city, so I’m excited to get all of the planning for the move completed so I can focus on just having fun and enjoying my friends before we have to leave this wonderful city!

Cooper River is in just two weeks and I am already excited about competing in this race with Meagan at my side, but also for the debauchery that is to happen afterwards with Michelle, Dalena, Danielle, Sommer, Adrienne, Nick and Matt.  Most of my friends already know this, but I very rarely drink (and by rarely I mean less than three times a year).  This may be one of those fun weekends where I do participate in one of America’s favorite pastimes and I am so looking forward to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment