Thursday, March 20, 2014

200m Wave with Aaron

Goal:
3-4 miles of 200m on / off @ 40s / 50s

Actual:
5.8 miles warmup
3 miles @ 52-51 / 42-41 in 18:36 total
3 miles cool down in 23:30

This was little mini workout to get the legs moving again after the half marathon and before the Moe’s Burrito Dash.  At 5:30AM, Aaron and I ran around uptown for a bit with a large group of Laurie, Ashley, and Phil before heading down to the JCSU track.  It was still dark, so I decided to just run the 200s based on feel and not look at splits. It would have been a total pain in the butt anyways to check out my splits every 200m because I would have had to turn on my indiglo.  Turns out that I didn’t quite hit the times that Terry had prescribed, but I wasn’t that far off. It was tons of fun to run with Aaron because I hadn’t worked out with him in quite some time. He’s always so energetic and it was great to catch up with him.  We talked the entire time and I walked off the blue JCSU track feeling accomplished and excited about the third Annual Moe’s Burrito Dash 5k.

0 comments:

Post a Comment