Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week in Review

74 Miles
7 Runs
5xMile in 5:55 with 1:00 rest
4 mile tempo in 5:57 ave
18.5 Mile Long Run
2 Lift Sessions

This week was everything last week wasn't.  I came out of this week with my confidence back and my motivation at what could be considered an all time high for this year.  I executed my plan almost perfectly.  The only glitch happened when I threw out my double for the week, a lousy four miles, mainly due to the rainy, cold (cold for August = 63 degrees) weather. I actually really didn't want to take another shower and knew I would have to if I ran in the rain, so I ditched it.

It was a very solid week of training, with three quality workouts or long runs with great company.  Again, Laurie came out as the winner for my running buddy of the week as I believe I got in over 50% of my mileage with her right alongside me.  Her arrival in Charlotte last September was quite possibly one of the best things that has happened in my running life since Meagan Nedlo left.  Most importantly, this was the first week where I really felt like a half marathon PR is entirely possible.  Like I said last week, I'm definitely making progress to a successful fall racing campaign and my mind is in the right place to make that happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment