Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week in Review

100 Miles
20 Mile Long Run
1 Workout - Funnel Tempo
4 Doubles

So, the reason for my absence from my blog is that Garrett returned from Evansville, Indiana to begin his off season which is quite possibly one of my most favorite times of the year because I get to spend time with him again.  Needless to say, I am three weeks behind on my blog, which makes me think of how I would get so upset when Jordan Kinley didn't update his blog for quite some time. I'm pretty sure that no one missed the blog except for my mom, who reads it regularly to keep up with my life.

Besides running 100 miles this week, it was otherwise rather uneventful.  I completed a mediocre 7.5 mile tempo in the humidity with the boys, and then ran an awesome 20 miler on Saturday at McAlpine with Aaron and a couple others.  It was the first time that I've run with Aaron in quite some time, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I'm definitely feeling a little out of whack in my running right now, which is unfortunate.  My left hamstring has been causing some annoyance, but nothing painful (thank god).  I'm trying to manage that while also keeping my mileage up.  Fortunately, the next two weeks are slightly down weeks as I'll be traveling to San Fran for my bachelorette party and then to Illinois for a wedding shower.  Lots of time will be spent in the air or in a car, so I know it will be tough for my body to recover properly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment