Tuesday, August 7, 2012

12x400m

Goal:
5 Mile Tempo

Actual:
4 mile warmup
12x400m with 1:00 rest
3 mile cool down for 10 miles total, 6 miles in the pm

Well, I was just 12 hours off the plane when I did this workout in the early morning hours.  I couldn't resist the temptation of working out with a huge group, so I jumped into Dalena's workout to join her, Jason, Charlie, Spada, Matt and several others.  I actually completed one of the best 400m workouts that I've ever done on the speed loop and I think most of this was fueled by the lingering excitement from my Olympic Trip.  All of my splits were between 74-76 on a rolling course in Dilworth.  I've never rolled this fast on this course before, and I felt pretty good doing it, until the ninth interval, where my body finally realized that I had been on a plane for 9 hours the day before and that my sleep schedule was entirely out of whack.  I will admit though that coming back from London is 10x easier than flying TO London.  In the end, I'm glad I did this workout because I was able to catch some great company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment