Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pre-Race workout

Goal:
3 mile tempo at 5:50 pace + 3x400m

Actual:
3 miles warmup to Speed Loop
3 miles in 17:04 (5:44, 5:40, 5:39) then 4x400m in 77-78
2 miles cool down for ~10 miles total

I am very far behind on my blog...Did this workout in the morning with Mike and Spada.  It was hot and humid, and I ran the tempo faster than what Mark Hadley had prescribed for me the week before.  I was just running to keep up with the boys, but I really needed to stick around 5:50 pace.  I felt really good on the tempo and feel ready for the Half Champs on Saturday.  The 400s were rather effortless and I just stuck to Spada's rear since he was taking the lead.  This was the first time that I felt like the old Spada was back because he nailed this workout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment