Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week in Review

86 Miles
3 Doubles
2 Workouts
18 Mile Long Run
1 Wedding Website Published

A lot was accomplished this week, not only in running, but also with the wedding planning and my job.  I started my new job on Monday, and after a couple of days, I already knew that I was going to love it.  I'm now supporting the Online and Mobile Emerging Technology team to partner with a tech startup.  We've got a collaborative research agreement to pilot, prototype, and hopefully develop mobile apps for the Bank.  I'm really excited to expand my technical knowledge and also to grow in this new role.  I actually already screwed something up, but I hope I get one pass since I was only five days into the job.

On the running front, I've been successfully completing all of my workouts before 7AM, which helps me get to work by 8:30AM.  This week was definitely fun because I ran some of my favorite workouts, with some of my favorite people.  Spada has clearly turned into my consistent training partner, and adequate replacement for Jordan Kinley.  My long run today featured a group of 15-20 people, including guest appearances from Danielle and Chad Crockford, which is always exciting considering they don't usually get up that early.

On the wedding update, Garrett and I met with the priest who will be marrying us on December 29th, 2012.  I also finalized the content in our wedding website, so that guests can find all the information they need to know while planning for our wedding.  The only things that need to be added are the engagement pictures and the wedding gift registry.

Just two more weeks until my rust buster in Durham and Raleigh!!!  Getting excited to toe the line again and to hopefully win some prize money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment