Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pre-Race Workout

Goal:
3 mile tempo at 600, 550, 540, 2x800m

Actual:
3 mile tempo at 600, 550, 544, 3x400m at 75-76

Another early morning pre-race workout, and another unremarkable time, but I'm confident I'll be able to piece things together for the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler.  I ran a 3 mile tempo in 17:44 pace, and followed up with some 400m repeats, and felt winded after a mile.  I was fortunate enough to have the company of David, Billy and John F because otherwise I would have been inclined to veer off to the side of the street and stop dejectedly.  But I didn't!   I tend to race better than I work out, but I'm beginning to wonder about the pollen in the air.  Really, why can I barely run a 3 mile tempo at my goal 10 mile pace?  My body isn't cooperating with what my mind wants it to do, and I don't understand it.  I haven't gotten my iron checked since before the Trials, so I probably need to check on that.  I'm hoping that it's just my body recovering from a couple of solid weeks of training.  Here's to hoping for a a breakthrough this year!

3 comments:

spartan ab workout said...

Great blog! and nice photos, you have great shape of your body. Having a proper workout it has great benefits to your body.

jayholder8k said...

i agree.

Anonymous said...

I think you are right about the pollen as I have been feeling the same for the last two weeks. Isn't pollen a neurotoxin??? Sure feels like it! Push on through!!!

Post a Comment