Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week in Review

90 Miles
4 Doubles
20 mile Long Run at 700 Pace
1 Massage

Hey, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.  My iron isn't fully back up yet (that I know of), but I was still able to hit 90 miles for the week.  Considering it was Thanksgiving, I'm rather proud of achieving my highest mileage ever when I wasn't even in Charlotte for four days.  One unique thing about this week was that I ran all three of my workouts mostly by myself.  Even though I felt like total crap on two of those workouts, I pushed through them both to hit the mileage target.  Surprisingly, I've found that it's easier for me mentally to work out on my own so that I don't feel self-conscious about my over exertion.

I hope that I can hit 90 miles next week before taking a slight down week for my simulation run weekend at Kiawah on December 10th.  This next week will be a big one for me because I've got 3x3 mile, 20x400m, and a 20-22 mile long run on tap.  With the long run and the two long workouts, I think it will be much easier to hit 90 miles next week than this past week.

Countdown to the Olympic Trials:  <7 weeks or 47+ days

0 comments:

Post a Comment