Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week in Review

~55 miles
1 Double
1 DNF
2 Tired Legs

There's no point in reviewing the past 6 days of training, as the week was reduced to the DNF at Savannah and I already covered that yesterday.  After consulting with Coach Mark Hadley, we both agree it's time for me to take a down week, which would postpone my marathon specific training until next week.  The focus for now will be to run as many (or as few) miles as my body deems necessary.  Leaving tempos and intervals out of the picture for 10+ days should be the remedy for my tired, sore legs. 

Looking ahead to next week, I will be volunteering at the Thunder Road Marathon expo on Thursday and Friday for the Charlotte Running Club and also participating as a course monitor during the actual race on Saturday. Garrett comes back into town on Friday, and we're going out to the Ballantyne Resort for my co-worker's adoption agency's party.  This weekend is going to be a blast cheering on all the different racers in our hometown marathon and I can't wait for it to be here already!
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment