Tuesday, November 15, 2011

12x1 Min

Goal:
12x1 Min On/Off

Actual:
4.1 mile warmup
12x1 min on and off
3.5 mile cool down for 11 miles total

This was just a simple workout back to get the legs moving for the first time in ten days since the debacle at the Savannah Half.  Knowing that my iron levels were low, I went into this workout with Matt, Caleb and my trusty Garmin, hoping to think as little as possible.  The plan was to get in a 4+ mile warmup and then to complete the minuters whenever my Garmin beeped at me, without a concern for the pace.  I wanted to walk away from this work out feeling confident and strong.  Granted, I only put in 12 minutes of hard work, but this was enough to get the blood flowing.  Caleb and Matt were great partners as we pushed each other to run the fastest splits of the day on the last three intervals.  These types of workouts are the best because the focus is not on pace, but on effort.  This will be important until my iron levels reach an acceptable level as it affects what I'm capable of running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment