Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week in Review

82.5 Miles
2 Doubles
1 Weightlifting Session
1 Dance Lesson
17.4 Mile Long Run

Even though I felt like absolutely garbage on all but one of my runs this week, I know that I am still building my strength and endurance.  I may have struggled to run a quick pace in workouts, but at least I was able to maintain my target weekly mileage and to get in a solid long run.  Most importantly, I'm focusing on the mental preparedness that will be necessary to perform well at the Trials.  After all, running a marathon is fun, yet challenging.  It is easy to get discouraged or to lose focus over the course of 26.2 miles.  Right now I'm going through a patch of training where it is easy to get discouraged.  This rough patch will serve as a good thing because it will only help me to prepare mentally and make me tougher for the big day.  If I can keep my head afloat during a week when layoffs loom in the near future, when work outs don't get fully completed, and when I have commitments after work every single night, then I bet I can handle a marathon with the top USA talent.  It's all about the journey and what I do to get there.  Despite the sub-par workouts, this week has already made me tougher.

0 comments:

Post a Comment