Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week in Review

69 Miles
1 Double
1 Workout
10 Mile Race in 58:33

After missing some key miles early on the week and then missing my warmup for the race, I still was able to fall within my target mileage for the week.  I definitely wanted to run 75-80 miles this week but I know that I only have two more "down" weeks before the Trials, so it's critical for me to take advantage of them now. 

Overall, this was a great week.  I achieved a new 10 Mile Road PR and enjoyed lots of quality time with close friends in DC.  My ten mile PR confirms that Mark Hadley's training program is a good fit for me.  In 2009, before I was coached by Mark, I ran 1:00:50 on the same course.  Two years later, I ran 58:33, almost 90 seconds faster, with a cold!  I trust that as I continue to increase my mileage each year I will continue to see improvement. This race also gave me the confidence I need going into the Trials. Now I know that running in the high 230s is a realistic goal for me.

On a personal level, it was definitely bittersweet to run a race with Meagan as I knew it would be the last one together for a while.  It is hard for me to admit that she and Jordan have left Charlotte, and I really won't accept that fact until after their final visit in late October.  In the end, I am really happy for them and am excited to visit them next year when it's not freezing outside.




1 comments:

Meagan Nedlo said...

i already have some loops picked out for us to run in marblehead!

Post a Comment