Saturday, October 29, 2011

2nd Workout Fail of the Week

Goal:
5x1 mile at 526-531 with 2:30 rest

Actual:
2.7 mile warmup

1 mile in 5:50 (2:30 rest)
1 mile in 5:50 (2:00 rest)
10x1 min on/off for 3.1 miles

2.6 mile cool down

This marks my second workout this week that was difficult for me to complete.  I guess either I could have finished the mile repeats at 5:50 pace (my goal half marathon pace in just eight days) or I could just do minuters.  I decided on the minuters because I knew that I wouldn't be able to focus on pace.  Instead, I was forced to focus on the effort and my stride.  Mentally, this was the right decision as I came out feeling really strong and fresh on the Dilworth 2 Mile Speed Loop.

David joined me for this workout and he absolutely rocked it.  It was nice to have his company and I tried to jump in on my minuters when he was finishing so I could provide him that extra motivation on Worthington Road.  Like I stated after my workout on Wednesday, I know that my body is just tired, but that soon it will come out of its funk.  Fortunately my IT Band tightness has gone away.  I've been taking dance lessons with Garrett and I truly believe that moving my legs in different directions is stregthening the muscles in my legs that are not used while running, but that will benefit my own running!

I've got a long run on Sunday that I plan to run at the American Tobacco Trail in Raleigh.  I have a feeling that it's going to go well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment