Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week in Review

65 Miles
25k Race in 1:35:05
1 Day off
3 States - NC, MI, IL
5 cities - Charlotte, Grand Rapids, Chicago, Bloomington, Carbondale

This week I tapered for a race, traveled to Chicago and then drove to Michigan, and reunited with my friends and family.  I got to spend two great days in a beautiful JW Marriott with Ruth and eat lunch and dinner with my Marinich family from Detroit.  After the race, I enjoyed a night at Second City comedy club in Chicago with my brother Joey from Phoenix, my brother Ben from Cincinnati, my sister Vanessa from LA, and my parents from Carbondale, IL.

After Chicago, we drove three hours south to Bloomington, Illinois to see my grandma and my dad's side of the family.  After a couple of hours there, we traveled four hours south to my childhood home of Carbondale, IL to hang out with all members of my immediate family in Carbondale for the first time since 2009.  It's been a good week.

My Michigan family came on Friday!  How sweet

On Thursday Evening, Ruth and I happy
Around Mile 8

The finish line

0 comments:

Post a Comment