Friday, May 6, 2011

Fartlek 8 Days Out

Goal:
1-1-2-2-1-1-2-2-1-1 with 1:15 rest

Actual: 
2.6 miles warmup
1-1-2-2-1-1-2-2-1-1 from 5:00-5:20 pace on Sugar Creek / Freedom Park with 1:15 jog rest
4.5 miles cool down

Not much to report on this workout except I achieved the main goal of working hard and getting in some solid speed work 8 days prior to the big race.  Eric and AJ joined me for this effort and Eric did a good job of maintaining a strong pace throughout the entire interval, whereas I sort of puttered out towards the end of each one.  He is coming along nicely and should be ready to run where he wants to be by mid-summer.  I think that I went out a little too hard on the first intervals, which made it harder to stay motivated towards the end of the work out. 

I enjoyed a long cool down with Aaron, Michelle, and Justin before heading back into the home office to finish out my Bank of America work day. I'm doing a nice and easy long run (14 miles) tomorrow at Latta Plantation with Aaron and Jay.  It will be nice to experience Latta for the first time in over 6 months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment