Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week in Review

78 Miles
8 Runs
6x1000m workout
12 mile MLR
20 mile LR with 10 miles @ 6:23 average
3 hours hiking

The first two days of this week started out in taper mode, but then the last half of the week culminated with my first 20 miler since October 27, 2012.  With the Woodrow Wilson Half being cancelled on Wednesday, I switched gears and the focus was suddenly solely on Cal International Marathon.  After a couple emails back and forth with Terry, we both decided that there were not any fast half courses within a reasonable distance from me and that it would just be better to train through October.  I'm obviously pretty bummed that I was not able to race the half this weekend, but in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.  Instead, I had the luxury of tracking my friends at the Twin Cities Marathon, which got me even more excited for my own marathon in just nine weeks.  Things are really starting to fall into place. I'm feeling strong on my long runs and gaining confidence in my strength for the longer distance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment