Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pre-Race Workout

Goal:
3 Mile tempo at 5:50-6:00 + 3x400m

Actual:
6-5-4-3 with half rest + 2x400m
Gradually got faster 5:48, 5:45, 5:41, and 5:37 + 77 and 77 for the 400s
10 miles total

Pre race workouts are typically a lot of fun because they are low pressure and super short compared to the typical workouts in a week.  I really enjoyed the one because I had the great company of Eric and Caleb.  We are all planning to race Beat the Heat 5k together in hopes of breaking 17, so it was nice to get into the groove with both of these guys.  I didn't want to push too hard because I've done that before and paid for it during the race.  Instead, I just pressed the pace faster purely on feel, allowing my body to dictate the pace.  I felt good throughout until the 400s and then I just felt tired. I'm accounting this feeling to the heat and humidity, which seemed to be at an all-time high this morning.  I'm sure that it won't be going away anytime soon, so may as well just get used to it now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment