Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week in Review

80 miles
17 mile long run
1 Double
2 workouts
2 Ab Sessions
1 Massage at Balance Body Work Charlotte
3 Tickets to the London Olympics

This week was definitely a success because I hit my mileage target with just one double.  After my Friday workout, I had a great easy run with Meagan where we maintained 7-7:10 pace without any effort.  This is an accomplishment in itself because Meagan and I typically run 7:45-8:00 pace together, especially after work outs.  I can tell that I am getting stronger because it takes me fewer days to recover from workouts.

The long run on Sunday featured a group of fifteen or more Charlotte Running Club members and a respectable pace.  The weather this weekend has been fabulous for running and has been a relief from the standard hot temperatures and high humidity levels.

The best part of this week was that Jocelyn and I secured several tickets to the London 2012 Olympics!  We will be attending the women's 10,000m Final, the Men and Women's 1500m Semi Final, and the Women's 800m Semi Final.  We also booked tickets to a women's beach volleyball semi final and a canoe sprint race.  Of course, we'll be attending the Women's Marathon as well!!  I can't wait for such an awesome adventure to begin. Hopefully Shalane Flanagan will be in the women's 10,000m final again this time around.

I also booked a weekend adventure to visit Garrett in Albany, New York so that I can see him at least once in the next three months.  Should be a nice break from the hot weather here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment