Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week in Review

72 Miles
8 Runs
5k Race in 17:21
$200
14 mile long run
4 days in Florida

I started out this week on a perfect note as I spent the first half with Garrett in Orlando.  Some of the highlights?  We ate delicious vegan food, enjoyed a Cirque du Soleil show, and saw X-Men.  One of the reasons why my job is awesome is that I can work from anywhere, so I was able to work remotely from the Holiday Inn in Kissimmee and also spend time with the beau.  Of course, my schedule was off so I was getting only 6 hours of sleep since I was still waking up at 6am to beat the heat.  By Thursday morning, I was back in Charlotte to get ready for the China Grove 5k.

The rest of the weekend I spent as many waking moments with one of my closest friends, Jay, in an effort to see him as much as possible before he embarks on his New York City journey.  I am extremely proud of him for landing such a sweet gig in NYC for the ABC station, but will miss him tremendously.  I did manage to get in a long run after a night of mingling with friends at Jay's going away gathering and am now painfully aware of how run down my body and mind feel.

This week I'll focus on getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of fluids to gear up for the Running of the Bulls 8k in Durham.

1 comments:

jayholder8k said...

please spend mucho time with me. I am getting very sad.

Post a Comment