Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week in Review

70 Miles
8k race in 28:09
7 Runs
14 mile long run
2 Ab workouts

This week was a bit lower in mileage than I had hoped, but I raced on Saturday so that provides some justification for not getting in 75 miles.  I enjoyed some time on the Wake Forest Campus for the TRAILS study, hung out with Garrett's sister Elyse, raced in Durham, and went to a rained out cookout that was moved to Mike Kahn's house.  Overall, this was a very busy weekend with some travel, food with friends, and a long run that was so relaxed and enjoyable that I almost wish I were still running.  I'm starting this summer in the same shape as when I ended last summer, so that's always exciting.  After this week's 8k I have confidence that I can run a 16:59 5k at Beat the Heat.  All the same women from the 8k will be there, so even if I get fifth, but break 17, I'm a happy camper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment