Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week in Review

10 miles
2 runs
Lots of Cupping Therapy
4 Days in NC
Too much wedding cake

I'm still injured! Nothing has changed from last week.  I did run on Monday, but my calf got much worse (went from a 2 to a 5), so I decided to take four more days off.  This was a big bummer because I was excited to run with my Charlotte friends, since I was in town for John's wedding.  I did enough cupping therapy on myself that I was able to muster a 6-mile run on Saturday with the groom and some other close friends.  While my calf went from a 1 to a 2 on the pain scale, the tightness worsened after the run so I made the decision to continue taking time off.  Terry and I decided that I need to take off until at least Thursday of next week to let my calf calm down to ensure that I can start fully training for the Trials on November 15th.  This decision wasn't nearly as difficult as you may think it should have been for me.  Mentally, I welcomed the break, so I knew this was the right thing to do. I'm probably overworked from the move to the West coast, from school and from losing all my friends on the East Coast.

Instead of running this week, I ate lots of cake...lots and lots of cake.  I also focused on schoolwork, stretching and friends.  I headed to Charlotte Thursday night and got to spend the weekend with the old Wilmore crew at John and Taylor's wedding.  It was a total blast!


0 comments:

Post a Comment