Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week in Review

44 Miles
6 Days Running
2 Days lifting
12 Mile Long Run

I'm still only logging about half the mileage as to whats normal, but there are only thirteen days until my wedding, which I think is a pretty good excuse for running fewer miles.  There have been a few hiccups with the wedding front--total wine only ordered Bud Light and not the other 10 cases of Foothills and Mother Earth brews.  A couple of my vendors haven't confirmed when they will be arriving at the reception...but I understand it's the holidays so I'm positive they will show up when the time counts.

Anyways, this week was a success in that I ran a respectable mileage, without any pain in my shin!  I can feel tightness if I massage the shin, which I really want to go away, but I need to be patient.  I truly believe that my weight lifting program has helped tremendously and I can't wait to continue to see the improvement in my shin and also my racing.  I'm especially excited for the upcoming season, where I want to focus on the shorter distances through the spring.  My goals for next year are to PR in the 5k, half marathon, and potentially marathon.  I'm still undecided about running a marathon next fall, but I've got a long time to assess what's next.  For now, I'm going to focus on the wedding, soaking in all of the experience over the next two weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment