Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week in Review

79 Miles
2 Doubles
13.1 Miles in 1:18:49 at Kiawah Half Marathon

My iron is higher, my simulation run is done, and there's only really 3 more weeks of solid marathon training before I begin to taper.  I couldn't be more pleased with this week.  After starting off with a mediocre 4 mile tempo, I was able to run a solid half marathon in preparation for January.  I even caught up on some much needed sleep on Sunday morning by postponing my run until 1PM.  The best part about winter is that you don't have to get up before the sunrise to beat the heat.

I've got just one more week left in Charlotte before I head off to Newport Beach, California to enjoy time with my family and Garrett.  On the workout calendar, I'll be preparing for a 5 mile tempo and a 22-24 mile long run on Saturday.  Garrett and I depart on Tuesday, December 20th in the morning for our non-stop flight to LAX.  I'm most excited to spend my birthday with my sister and Garrett in warm, sunny California!!

Countdown to the Trials: 34 Days

0 comments:

Post a Comment