Tuesday, October 19, 2010

11x1 min on/off

Goal: 10x1 min with 1:30 rest
Actual: 11x1 min with 1:15 rest

For my second workout back after the marathon, I opted for a simple and light fartlek of 11x1 min with 1:15 rest. I was fortunate enough to have the company of Thomas for the run, so we met at my house at 620am. I enjoyed the conversation with Thomas, but seemed to have trouble breathing. I felt like I was gasping for air and that I needed to stop talking to conserve more energy. I'm guessing it's the change in weather that's affecting me.

We warmed up for about 20 minutes and started when the Garmin beeped at us. After looking at my splits, we got faster for the last 5, so that was a good sign. We also ran an extra one because I apparently don't understand the Garmin's timed workout setting. While my breathing felt off, my hip flexors did not cause me any discomfort this morning, and it felt like most of the aches in my legs are gone. Overall, it was a successful workout and I can walk away from it with confidence, especially given the fact that I haven't done something super speedy in a while. I think I like the longer stuff better though. :o)

PS. I got my blood drawn yesterday for a check on my iron, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D levels. Should get the results back early next week. Keep in mind that my highest ferritin level ever was a 25 and my lowest ever was a 4. Last time I got it checked in May, I was at a 10. Obviously, high iron levels are not my strong suit.

2 comments:

Allen said...

Didn't you just say in your last post that you were leaving your Garmin at home and running on feel? I bet you're not really going to Costa Rica either, are you? ;) Have you been before? Incredible place - I have videos of Manuel Antonio. If I remember, I will put them on Youtube and send you a link.

Unknown said...

haha good point, but when it's dark out, i need to know if a minute has gone by, so the garmin beeps at me to tell me when to go, so it was still on feel, right? ;o) i can't wait to go to manuel antonio! i should post a picture of the villa we are staying in,

Post a Comment