Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week in Review

57 Miles
6 Runs
16M with last 10 miles at 650, 637, 624, 612, 607, 556, 554, 558, 602, 601, 633
2 Days off
2 Days camping in Yosemite

This week I did something that in the past I probably would have never done: I didn't run for two days because I wanted to camp instead.  I'm so much more balanced now and making decisions based on if they make me feel happy and SO alive.  The past six weeks of great training and a busy social life is finally catching up with me, both mentally and physically.  My legs were really tired on Thursday, and I mentally didn't have the capacity to process doing 8 x 1 mile repeats.  So instead I decided to knock out my long run and turned it into a progression run based on feel.  I was really happy with how fast I was able to close out the run, especially considering that for the last five days, I've really been struggling with some GI issues.  My stomach has been absolutely killing me, so much that I questioned if I have Crohn's disease like my brother.  My stomach finally calmed down once we got to Yosemite (thank god!).

The rest of the weekend Peter and I backcountry camped at Yosemite, with our tent overlooking Half Dome.  It was the first time I've ever camped at Yosemite and it was even more wonderful than I could have imagined! We didn't see anyone but one person on the hike out to the campground.  We also go a wilderness permit so we could camp wherever we wanted. It was awesome!


0 comments:

Post a Comment