Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week in Review

70 Miles
8 Runs
1 Day Off
5k Race in 16:36 (PR)
17 mile long run

Coming off of huge PR in the 5k Friday night, I spent the rest of the weekend with my brother and sister-in-law.  It was a great way to start the week with a PR and then to finish it off with a long run at Latta Plantation, with blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs waiting for me at home.  My brother cooked not only me breakfast, but also my long run buddies, Matt and Nick.  I took a much needed day off earlier this week and then had to put in one more double than I would have preferred because I really tapered for the race.  It all worked out in the end.  This 5k PR is a great way to lead into the half champs, going in with confidence that I can PR in just two weeks time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment