Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week in Review

69 Miles
8 Runs
5k Race with a Burrito
14 Mile Long Run
1 hour Bike Ride

While I continue to barely miss hitting 70 miles for the second week in a row, I'm really happy with where my training is at.  It is interesting to note that last year at this time I was running 75-90 miles a week and I was feeling tired on a lot of my workouts.  Now I feel much fresher!  So far, my lower mileage approach has been working well for me.  I feel fresh in my workouts and fast in my races.  I am excited to see where this takes me in June, when I toe the line at the USA Half Champs in Duluth, MN.  Most of all, I'm excited that Laurie and I are continuing to get closer on each of our runs.  It's really great for me because Laurie is really tough on the longer stuff, so she can really push me there, and then I'm really tough on the shorter stuff.  So we both are helping each other with the areas we may not be as strong.  It also helps that our personalities fit perfectly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment