Monday, July 12, 2010

New Products in my Running Life

For those that don't know, Jordan just started carrying Nuun Hydration Tablets. Since Jordan is pretty much the most generous person ever, he let me try the Lemon Lime flavor after an easy 4 miler in the 100 degree heat on Wednesday. I really liked it because it's a sugar free solution to stay hydrated and doesn't leave me feeling like I just drank a juicy fruit in liquid form. There are 12 tablets in one case, which is enough to fill up 12 water bottles. To prove how much I like it, I've already consumed 12 tablets and I just got my Nuun on Saturday at 1pm. It's now Monday...



In other fueling news, I decided to google "natural energy bars" and came across the Honey Stinger Brand. Made with mostly organic / natural ingedients, and honey as the main source of energy, this brand boasts a variety of different snacks - a 20g protein bar, a 10g protein bar, organic gels that taste mainly like honey, energy bars and energy chews. I like the old school flavor of simple things such as honey, so this brand now carries all my favorite protein bars and chews. I ordered the Fruit Smoothie energy chews and Meagan and I chopped them down after our Sunday recovery run. I ordered these from Amazon.com because I have free two-day shipping, but if anyone knows where I can get this in Charlotte, please let me know because I'm addicted!


3 comments:

Meagan Nedlo said...

"since jordan is pretty much the most generous person ever..."

wow, i don't even know where to start with addressing that comment.

Meagan Nedlo said...

oh and also, dexter at run for your life is about to place a nuun order for the stores. so feel free to spread the word that we will be carrying it!

Kyleeeliz said...

Those Honey Stingers are Colorado based, and I agree, they are AWESOME. I think Amazon is the cheapest way to get stuff like that these days. I just got a bunch of bars and some protein powder and it was a lot cheaper than buying in the store.

Post a Comment