Thursday, September 2, 2010

San Francisco Recuperation Run

After Tuesday evening's sequence of events, it was time for a run away from home and away from any cars if at all possible. Luckily, I am away from home as I am visiting my sister and her best friend, Athena, in San Francisco. What was originally supposed to be pseudo getaway for Garrett and I, the weekend has just turned into a girls' only fiesta since Garrett got moved up to the Tri-City Valley Cats on Tuesday night (!!!!!).

I'm so pumped for Garrett in this recent development, especially because this is the first time that he had to just jump on a plane to go to the next level. However, I learned my minor league girlfriend's lesson for the season: Never book a vacation on the date that the season is "supposed" to be over. I knew going into it that this could happen, but I guess when it actually happens, the reality of the situation hit me: everything is unpredictable, nothing is planned. If a minor leaguer's life is unpredictable, then the girlfriend's life is almost just as unpredictable. It's tough to book tickets to visit a minor leaguer in season because one instant he might be in Lexington, Ky and then the next instant he might be on a plane off to Lancaster, California. So goes the life. (Side note - I'm not complaining by any means, I'm lucky to have such an awesome boyfriend and super proud that he is getting noticed by the Astros' Player Development, but the lifestyle is definitely a roller coaster ride)

Back to the original reason for this post. So, now I'm in San Francisco with Athena and Vanessa for the next four days and I couldn't be more exicted. I ran this morning an easy six miles through the neighborhood of Glen Park, and found a nice scenic park to run through to avoid any cars. Tonight, I am going to Embarcadero for Happy Hour with Athena and friends and then we are picking up my sister from the airport.

What's on tap for the next few days? Two Farmer's Markets on Saturday, one night of debauchery on Saturday, five runs, lots of shopping, a jaunt through Haight Ashbury, and a reunion for Matt Jaskot, Jordan Kinley, and me. Am I pumped? You betcha! An escape is just what the doctor ordered (if I had gone to see him), and I plan on taking full advantage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment