Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My New Ride

No, it's not what you think. I did not replace the Redbirdmobile with a newer, fancier car. Although my windows are broken, my cigarette lighter out, my cd player dead, and my gear shifter in pieces, I still am rocking my Red Oldsmobile.

My new ride really is a new pair of shoes: the Karhu Forward Ride. I haven't tried any other shoe besides the Nike Pegasus in over 7 years. I decided to try this shoe out after I compared the bottom to my Nike Pegasus Wide shoe, and to my delight, I found that they were the same in width. I did the typical things a runner would do; I put my inserts into the shoe and walked around in them for a couple of days before actually wearing them on a run. Finally, I was ready to lace them up for the trial run. During an hour's worth of running, I was able to determine that (1) the shoe felt just like my Nike Pegasus and (2) the shoe did not cause any blisters and (3) they are cute. For me, that's all I need so now I'm a believer. Next I'll have to try out the racer, but they don't sell the women's racer in Charlotte.

You can get Karhus at Charlotte Running Company. Oh - and if you like watching Jordan Kinley race - you could support him as well by buying a pair or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment