Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Better late than never...

My dad received his joint father's day/birthday present from my sister and I today in the mail. He received all of his favorite fruits (both dried and fresh) in a nice little package today unexpectedly! I get there tomorrow night, so I'm crossing my fingers that he'll let his two favorite daughters try a bite of the California Mission Figs that were in that tightly packed box! Although he received this two weeks after his birthday and two days after Father's Day, it's better late than never...and let's be honest, his best present of all will be a visit from three of his children this weekend! I'm looking forward to the food that my mom is going to be feeding us!

In anticipation of my weekend in Carbondale, the heart of SO ILL, I worked out this morning by myself. It was rather peaceful and also happened to be the first time that I had worked out on my own in quite some time. I did a simple little fartlek of sorts - 5-5-4-3-2-1 - with half rest of what you just ran. Indeed, it went quite well most likely because I wasn't timing it. I wanted to just get out there and enjoy the workout in the humid morning air. I'm in the middle of a down week, making it actually very important since it helps keep my mind and body fresh, ready to peak in October. If I don't find time to work out this weekend while I'm at home, it will probably be for the best...to give my legs a fresh start for next week.

Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 96...the hottest temperature this summer. I'm hypothesizing that this summer is going to be a brutal one. By the time fall comes around, we'll all be tough as nails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment