Sunday, July 26, 2015

(Unwanted Down) Week in Review

58 Miles
8 x 400m Repeats
2 Races That I bailed out of

This week was a coach-imposed down week.  After struggling through mini-workouts last week, it was time to press the brakes and back off a bit from training. My body was sending every single signal that it needed a break, so I did just that.  I also decided to back out of my one of my favorite races in North Carolina - the Beat the Heat 5k.  It was a tough decision, but I knew I wasn't physically or mentally prepared to dig deep and hurt really hard to compete at my highest level.

This week I basically just ran easy run after attempting a 8 x 400m workout.  It just was too much effort to do anything more than get in 60 minutes of running.  Ultimately, this is definitely the right decision because I don't want to push the limits so much that I end up with the always dreaded Over Training Syndrome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment