Sunday, November 23, 2014

Week in Review

67 Miles
400m workout
14 mile EZ long run
0 days off
3 Days in CLT
1 Football tailgate

After a successful race in Richmond last weekend, the focus for this week was to facilitate a quick recovery and to begin building the foundation for a successful winter campaign.  I started the week in Charlotte and enjoyed some easy runs in the freezing cold weather with Michelle, Danielle and Caleb.  After I got back home, I went to my first Duke football game tailgate, but failed to venture into the stadium for the game because it was cold and I wanted to go grocery shopping. Yes, I am that lame.  I realized that going to Trader Joe's during a UNC/Duke game is the equivalent of going grocery shopping at 8AM, because no one is there.

On Friday, Billy and I headed to the stadium/track, and did some 400m repeats together while also dodging frozen water and gatorade that was leftover from the football game.  I was surprised to feel so springy in the legs during the workout, especially on such a cold morning.  I spent the weekend attending class, doing homework, going bowling with my #teamFuqua friends and running.  Today, I did my first long run at Umstead and really enjoyed the 14 mile loop, except for the hills.  The second half of the loop was so hilly that it seemed to cancel out the whole "easy run" part.  My labored breathing on the 15 steep climbs prevented me from blabbering my mouth the entire time.

Over the next 4-6 weeks, I plan to post some good workouts and mileage since Term 2 of my MBA ends on December 8th and then it's Christmas time, meaning no work and no classes!  I hope to take advantage of the free time to train hard, be with family and dream about LA Marathon 2015.

0 comments:

Post a Comment