Sunday, May 12, 2013

(Down) Week in Review

53 Miles
6 Runs
10k Race in 36:49
No Long Run

This was a planned down week for two reasons -- I raced and I had 4 solid weeks of training at 65-70 miles on average.  I was hoping that the down week would ensure that I would race really fast, but that didn't happen.  While the race was a huge disappointment, I enjoyed the rest of the weekend by hanging out in Raleigh with Thomas, Michelle, Matt and Nick.

I'm also adjusting to my new role at work, which is taking up more time that in previous roles.  Sometimes I have to stay past 7pm, which for some people may not be a big deal at all, but for me, since I go to bed around 930 every night, it feels like all I do is work and sleep.  Additionally, since I'm in meetings all day, I haven't been doing a good job of eating since I don't take the time to grab my snacks.  I really need to focus on changing this bad habit so that it doesn't affect my running going forward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment