Sunday, January 1, 2012

Week in Review

78 Miles
1 Double
2 Workouts
16 mile long run
6 days in California

Only 13 more days to Trials, and I just finished up my last big week of training.  It's hard to believe that over 52 weeks of hard work, endless miles, and countless conversations have been geared towards this one goal for so long.  I am so grateful that I was able to spend almost two weeks with my family in California and also to run in some of the best weather in the country.  The Cal Coast Track Club members kept me company for one of my workouts this week and a couple of easy runs.  This helped me stay motivated and encouraged while I was away from my nest of Charlotte running partners.

I am gradually decreasing my weekly mileage in a slow taper so that my legs will still be sharp, but slightly rested for the Big Day.  Next week will be fairly low key with a 50-60 minute tempo and a light fartlek of sorts.   The focus will be to keep my mind in tune with the smallest of things - nutrition, stretching, rolling, sleep, water...the list goes on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment